Today, going to college no longer has to mean relocating, long commutes, or crowded lecture halls. With so many accredited schools offering courses and entire degree programs online, furthering your education can be as simple as turning on your computer and heading to a website. If you’ve been hemming and hawing about taking online courses, here are some reasons you should do it!
- You can work at your own pace and set your own schedule. Whether you work days or midnights, full- or part time, online courses generally allow you to do your work when it’s most convenient for you.
- You can attend from the comfort of your own home! Grab a glass of milk, a handful of cookies, and sit at your computer in your PJs!
- No commute! There are so many reasons why this is a good thing – You don’t have to deal with traffic after a long day at work; if you don’t have a car you don’t have to worry about transportation; and you can save money on gas!!
- Online courses can be easier for people who speak English as a Second Language (ESL). You can read instructions online and use translators as you go to make sure that you understand each assignment. You can also email the instructors to get further clarification and even videoconference with professors and other students.
- Campus locations or distances do not limit you. If you live in the wilds of Alaska you can still go to college and be connected to a community from around the country.
If this list doesn’t convince you, check out some of these online colleges and universities. Just reading over their program offerings might convince you just how accessible online learning can be.