|Click to view larger version|
|With the ever-increasing cost of college tuition, it’s interesting to see where students are spending their leftover cash (what little they may have). Here is a run-down of some things on your average student’s list.
How much is spent on discretionary items?
26% of an average student’s budget goes towards room and board.
I hear books for classes cost an arm and a leg for college. How much do students spend on those?
What are some of the other things students will spend money on while in college?
What do some of those numbers mean in dollars?
For those that have jobs, what kind of money does the average student make while in college?
On average, a college student will spend approximately $13,000 per year.
Do many students carry credit cards?
78% of students have one credit card. 32% have at least four (yikes!). That means the average student has about 3 credit cards!
The average debt of a college student on their credit cards is $2,700.
Seeing that many of these costs come from movies, music and other things, what types of items do college students own?
The average student spends $50 per month on beer! (For those long, studious nights.)
* These statistic do not include
online education schools or students.
Most Popular Posts
- When it's okay to say “gay”, a flowchart|posted Mar 7, 2013
- What is a Mom's Work Worth? [infographic]|posted May 5, 2011
- 10 Staggering Facts about Education in America|posted Dec 15, 2010
- How much would it cost to go to Hogwarts? [infographic]|posted Jul 28, 2011
- Nerdy Valentines - Part One|posted Feb 7, 2013
- When it's okay to say “gay”, a flowchart