Created by DegreeSearch.org

« Return to Blog

Trick or Treat [infographic]

Halloween is the top holiday for candy consumption in the United States. It murders Christmas, Easter and Valentine’s Day. This year, Americans will hand out a monstrous $2.3 Billion dollars worth of sweets to a potential 41 million trick or treaters across the country. This popular holiday is keeping dental graduates in high demand! Here are a few notable statistics about trick or treating:

Halloween spending statistics:

From the National Retail Federation
1) 71.5% of adults plan to celebrate Halloween this year, the highest percentage in the NRF’s 10-year survey history
2) Adults expect to shell out much more for Halloween this year, $8 Billion nationwide or an average of $79.82 per household. This is more than double the $3.29 Billion Americans spend back in 2005.
3) The $8 Billion will be spent on costumes ($2.87 billion), decorations ($2.36 billion), candy ($2.33 billion) and greeting cards ($0.59 billon).

Halloween trick-or-treating-statistics:

From the National Confectioners Association
1) Kids say they prefer homes that give: anything made with chocolate (68%) followed by lollipops (9%), gummy candy (7%) and gum (7%). This leaves 9% for all other candy types.
2) About 26% of households will include full-size candy (chocolate and non-chocolate) in their Halloween activities
3) More than 93% of children go trick-or-treating each year
4) 90% of parents admit to sneaking goodies form their kids’ Halloween trick-or-treat bags. The other 10% aren’t fooling anyone!

Last year, AZcentral.com received more than 470,000 votes in it’s annual Candy Smackdown. Users voted their favorite candies in a tough competition. Nestle Crunch, Butterfinger and KitKat were the Runners up in the final four of the bracket. You can check out the final results of the face off here.

  • [pinit count="vertical"]
Trick or Treat [infographic]

Embed this infographic on your site:

6 Comments

  1. Pingback: The Halloween Candy Conundrum

  2. Gina Beth Baker Oct 17, 2012 at 5:26 pm

    Ha, ha. I come down here and realize everyone commenting on the statistics. I came to comment on the graphics- awesome! I love how you utilized the candy.

    • cuteculturechick Oct 18, 2012 at 9:53 am

      Never has an infographic made my mouth water so much. I love the candy visualizations too!

  3. Mike Metcalf Oct 17, 2012 at 3:29 pm

    26% of households give out full-size candybars? As an adult, I believe it is my moral obligation to find these neighborhoods for my children, and pillage them ALL NIGHT LONG. You know, for my kids.

    • Joseph LeBaron Oct 17, 2012 at 3:48 pm

      Well, to be clear, the survey didn’t specify that 26% of households will be giving them out, just that they will be “involved in their Halloween activities.” I’m trying to think of other activities that could involve candy. Maybe 3 Musketeers hot chocolate, or Nestle Crunch S’mores with the family…

  4. CM Oct 17, 2012 at 3:15 pm

    “90% of parents admit to sneaking goodies form their kids’ Halloween trick-or-treat bags. The other 10% aren’t fooling anyone!” – Or it could be the 10% is honest and doesn’t sneak the candy, but just straight up takes the candy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Categories
Infographics, Just for fun
Tags
, , , , , , ,
http://degreesearch.org/blog/trick-or-treat-infographic/