Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Human Services
Colorado Tech Online is pleased to announce the addition of an industry-current BSCJ degree program with a concentration in Human Services. Applications are being accepted now for classes scheduled to begin on May 00, 2009.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of social and human services assistants is projected to grow much faster than average for all occupations, particularly for jobseekers with appropriate post-secondary education.*
In response to this growing need for skilled human services professionals in the criminal justice industry, this program focuses on teaching students how to:
- Demonstrate professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Resolve complex problems independently and ethically.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the psychological and sociological dimensions of human behavior and crime.
- Demonstrate competency in the key areas of the criminal justice system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the core activities and skills of the Human Services professional in the context of the criminal justice system.
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills of the chemical dependency professional.
- Examine and integrate the emerging trends in the criminal justice system.
- and many more career-related skills.
This degree program features courses including: Criminal Procedure, Corrections Solutions, Child and Adolescent Psychopathology, Ethics for the CD Counselor and Human Services Practice in the Criminal Justice Setting. The curriculum places a special emphasis on working with youth.
Courses will be taught by instructors with applicable career experiences in law enforcement, the courts and corrections. Students can benefit from their insightful perspectives and professional insights as they acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue a diverse range of positions in the growing field of criminal justice.
This industry-current program also gives students the opportunity to earn five résumé-enhancing CTU Academic Certificates:
•Domestic Violence Interventions
•Juvenile Delinquency and Victim Services
•Legal Studies and Court Process
•Chemical Dependency Counseling
These credentials are built into the curriculum without requiring additional courses or tuition costs. Students interested in learning more about Colorado Tech Online’s BSCJ with a concentration in Human Services are encouraged to contact us today.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2008-09 Edition, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos059.htm#related (visited May 12, 2009).
All fields below are required