Master of Science in Computer Science - Computer Systems Security
Colorado Technical University is pleased to announce the addition of a Master’s degree program that will be offered online to motivated students and professionals seeking to enhance their credentials and advance in the vital, dynamic field of computer systems security. The Master of Science in Computer Science with a concentration in Computer Systems Security (MSCS-CSS) will be available for students to complete entirely online with courses beginning February 14, 2010. Applications for enrollment are being accepted now.
Businesses and organizations throughout the world are constantly experiencing cyber-attacks or security-related incidents on their computer systems and networks that can significantly affect the organization and result in a substantial loss of revenue. To address these threats, both private and government organizations are investing considerable funds in computer security specialists to implement security measures and make their organizations safe. As a result, according to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, “there will be a high demand for managers proficient in computer security issues.” At the national level local employment markets will vary.
This program is designed and instructed by computer professionals to teach students to:
- Apply effective leadership strategies and skills
- Conduct professional, scholarly, applied research
- Use analytical and critical thinking skills for effective decision analysis and problem solving
- Acquire a breadth of knowledge and understanding of the field of computer science
- Critically evaluate the issues that affect the development and modification of complex software systems
- Gain an understanding of operating systems and networking
- Acquire knowledge of computer system architecture and the software system engineering process
- Assess the need for, and make recommendations on the technical requirements necessary for the implementation of an effective security infrastructure
- Identify and describe the impact of implementing security components at the operating system and network level
- Develop effective enterprise level security policies, standards and procedures
- Monitor and manage computer systems security
Featured courses include: Computer Networking, Software Project Management, Computer Systems Security Foundations, Operating Systems Security, Network Security and Security Management. Courses are taught by instructors with demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the areas of Computer Science and Enterprise Systems Security.
The knowledge students acquire can help enable pursuit of in-demand positions such as Security Engineer, Enterprise Security Manager, Network Security Administrator, Information Security Specialist, Defense Systems Analyst and many other dynamic Engineering and IT Management positions in a variety of industries.••
This industry-current program also provides students with the opportunity to earn the following CTU Academic Certificates with no additional courses or fees:
• Computer Systems Architecture
• Information Systems Security Architecture
• Information Systems Security
• Information Systems Security Management
Students interested in learning more about CTU’s Master of Science in Computer Science with a concentration in Computer Systems Security are encouraged to contact us today.
•US Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Occupational Outlook Handbook” 2008-09 Edition http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos258.htm
••CTU does not guarantee employment or salary.