Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Software Application Programming
Colorado Technical University Online is pleased to announce the addition of a concentration in Software Application Programming to its industry-current Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree program. Applications are being accepted now for classes scheduled to begin on May 16, 2010.
Because successful organizations use technology to find solutions to all kinds of business challenges, individuals who understand how to use technology to contribute to productivity and the bottom line are valued employees.
This industry-current BSIT program centers on an enhanced view of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as a rational, systematic and repeatable process of systems implementation and project management applicable across the spectrum of information technology careers.
The Software Applications Programming (SAP) concentration focuses on the JAVA programming language as the core programming language supported by a curriculum focused on software engineering courses including requirements definition, analysis, design, testing and overall implementation. Students can learn how to:
- Differentiate between current computer networks, protocols and the role of network management software in organizations.
- Categorize the fundamentals of computer system security requirements.
- Distinguish between the principles, concepts and fundamentals of operating systems.
- Apply database concepts and capabilities through the creation, organization and maintenance of modern database systems.
- Differentiate and categorize the legal, ethical and social issues of information technology.
- Create and design Enterprise Architecture.
- Solve complex problems through the ability to program in at least one high level programming language.
- Implement the goals, processes and techniques of software engineering through the development of a software application supported by a project plan.
- and many more career-related skills.
The BSIT with a concentration in Software Application Programming is designed to help solve business problems using Information Technology. In addition to the general education and core requirements, this specialization includes concentration courses in User Interface Design, Java Programming, Software Project Management, Software Testing and many other pertinent areas of study.
Courses will be taught by instructors with relevant career experience in software application programming. Students can benefit from their instructors’ perspectives and professional insights as they acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to develop a strong foundation in the areas of programming, systems administration, security, architecture, databases and ethics.
Students interested in learning more about the CTU Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a concentration in Software Application Programming are encouraged to contact us today.
CTU does not guarantee employment or salary.
All fields below are required