Juilliard School

Request information
map
Online

Location

60 Lincoln Center Plaza
New York, NY 10023

Since opening in October 1905 as the Institute of Musical Art, Juilliard has set this country’s standard for education in the performing arts. In 1946, the name Juilliard School of Music became official. In 1968, Juilliard moved to Lincoln Center as the Center’s academic constituent, and officially changed its name to the Juilliard School, reflecting the addition of its Dance Division (1951), and Drama Division (1968). In 2001, Juilliard broke new ground by opening it’s pre-professional Juilliard Institute for Jazz Studies, a collaboration with Jazz at Lincoln Center. In 2003, Juilliard added its first program for jazz musicians. Juilliard continues to expand its student and alumni services, curriculum, outreach programs, and its long-range planning and $300 million capital Campaign for Juilliard. Juilliard has an collaborated with Carnegie Hall to bring gifted performers to teach in the public school system. The school represents the finest in performing arts education, growing with and responding to the needs of a thriving cultural community in the U.S. and abroad, its student body drawn from 49 states (including Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia)and 46 foreign countries.

Request information