Associate - Medical Billing and Coding
UMA’s Medical Billing and Coding Associate of Science (AS) program incorporates the core courses of our diploma program while providing further courses in general education and other specialized skills necessary for success in a wide range of positions in the growing medical billing and coding practice field. At 63 semester credits, this associate degree program can be completed in approximately 17 months. Students are prepared to sit for the Certified Professional Coding (CPC) exam offered through the American Academy of Professional Coding (AAPC).
According to the Medical Group Management Association, Associate graduates with some experience may qualify for positions which include Office Manager, Assistant Administrator, Billing Supervisor, or other positions in hospitals, clinics, and private practices or other healthcare facilities.
Graduates of UMA’s Medical Billing & Coding Associate Degree program will:
• Learn the fundamentals of coding accuracy and its effect on cash flow.
• Acquire financial and medical practice management skills.
• Receive training to use software utilized in the field.
• Demonstrate ICD-9 diagnosis and coding procedures.
• Understand effective professional communication and time management skills.
• Take general education and elective courses designed to enhance the MBC curriculum.
• And much more to help you succeed!