Associate - Health Sciences Medical Administrative Assistant
Graduates of the Health Science A.S. will:
• Earn an associate degree with an area of concentration.
• Take general education courses in English, math, biology and social sciences.
• Take elective courses in topics including accounting, computers, psychology, patient relations and more.
• Have potential for greater earnings.
• Have potential for increased employment opportunities.
The UMA Medical Administrative Assistant program prepares you to manage the day-to-day operations of a busy medical practice. Opportunities are available at hospitals, doctor’s offices, outpatient clinics and other healthcare facilities. In approximately 14-22 months, you can learn how to:
• Help keep healthcare facilities and offices running smoothly.
• Process critical claims and update medical records.
• Apply customer service concepts and principles in providing quality care.
• Prepare to sit for CMAA certification with the National Healthcare Association (NHA).
• Develop a career plan and essential life skills for job success.