Associate - Spa Management
Energize your career opportunities with knowledge and skills relevant to today’s spa industry.
Ultimate Medical Academy’s (UMA) Associate of Science in Spa Management degree program has been designed to prepare students with theoretical and practical knowledge for employment as a spa supervisor or spa manager or to open their own spa.
The program prepares students with knowledge and business skills in accounting and marketing with emphasis on how to recruit, hire and train spa employees. As students are introduced to the management of a spa, marketing strategies, social marketing and online resources and tools for reputation management are covered.
Various types of spas include day, medical, resort, hotel and clubs. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the personal service worker industry, which includes the field of spa management, is expected to grow 14-19% from 2008-2018. This indicates an above average growth rate compared to other industries.
What You Can Learn
The UMA AS in Spa Management degree program offers a career-focused curriculum that combines general education courses with specialized training designed to teach students how to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of the spa business model and potential revenue and profit generated by the sale of spa services, products and memberships.
- Examine internal and external marketing activities that drive sales.
- Explore the organizational structure of different types of spas, including the roles and responsibilities of leads, supervisors, managers and directors.
- Supervise spa employees and apply management principles.
- Manage guest satisfaction and how to maintain high standards of spa presentation, appropriate language, professional appearance and conduct.
- Practice a sustainable operation of a spa as related to the global environment.
- Utilize “Spa Booker” software, an online booking, point-of sale and business management software specifically for the spa industry.
This UMA associate degree program coursework focuses on preparing students with industry-relevant skills sought by today’s employers of spa managers and supervisors, in approximately 18 months.
All fields below are required