Request information
map
Online

Location

Highway 425 South
Monticello, AR 71656

According to the school, the University of Arkansas — Monticello was established in 1909 by act of the General Assembly of the State of Arkansas to serve the educational needs of Southeast Arkansas. Originally called the Fourth District Agricultural School, the University opened its doors September 14, 1910. In 1925, the General Assembly authorized the school’s name to be changed to Arkansas Agricultural and Mechanical College. A&M received accreditation as a junior college in 1928 and as a four-year institution in 1940. Arkansas A&M became part of the University of Arkansas system July 1, 1971. The University is governed by the University of Arkansas Board of Trustees, which also oversees the operation of institutions in Batesville, DeQueen, Fayetteville, Fort Smith, Helena, Hope, Little Rock, Morrilton, and Pine Bluff. On July 1, 2003, UAM expanded its mission to include vocational and technical education when the UAM College of Technology-Crossett and the UAM College of Technology-McGehee became part of UAM to create a comprehensive system of post-secondary education in Southeast Arkansas.

Request information